For more than 30 years Lisa Rollins has been a part of upstate radio. Called the most calming, caring, conservative voice in radio, Lisa can see all sides of the issue, yet is never afraid to share her own personal opinion!
Newtown's small post office has been overwhelmed by calls from people all over the U.S. who want to send letters, cards, care packages and more to the town's residents in the wake of the massacre.
In response, the Postal Service has set up a post office box for all mail and packages for the families of shooting victims, first respondents and affected Newtown residents. From there, the USPS will work with local community groups to help distribute the mail.
â¢ The address is: P.O. Box 3700, Newtown, CT 06470
Members of Westboro Baptist Church are stirring outrage again, after saying they would picket in Newtown to celebrate the school massacre. The extremist, Kansas-based hate group, which calls itself a church, but is mostly made up of a single extended family, is best known for picketing at soldiers' funerals, saying that the military members' deaths are God's punishment for America's acceptance of homosexuality. Their right to hold such funeral protests was upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court. Shirley Phelps-Roper, a member of the church, tweeted less than a day after Friday's massacre: "Westboro will picket Sandy Hook Elementary School to sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgment."
What the HELLO is wrong with these fanatics? What do they want except publicity? What really bothers me is that they call themselves a church!
This is the craziest thing I have heard in QUITE a while! You see, if youâre feeling less than impressed by what you see every time you head to the bathroom for a No. 2? It's time to add a glamorous touch to your poo with Gold Pills from Tobias Wong.
No, seriously! Theyâre 20mm-long, 24-karat gold-leaf capsules that promise to "turn your innermost parts into chambers of wealth." They sell for $425. Wong conceived them as part of his INDULGENCES line that comments on society's "ever-expanding market of luxury items."
Pills that make your poop sparkle and "turn your innermost parts into chambers of wealth."
The invention was part of a project commissioned by San Francisco's Museum of Modern Art. The goal was to create desirable goods for rich kids who already have it all.
No, I donât know where you can get âem!
Come on now, would you poop away hundreds just to pop a pill for precious poop?
Lack of sleep has been linked to overeating, and researchers say your bedroom may be to blame for your sleep issues. Psychologist and sleep specialist Dr. Michael Breus says you should assess your bedroom by looking around it and seeing how it makes you feel. He says things like too much light, too little or too much noise, and your choice of mattress and sheets all affect how you sleep. He says we should use a 40-watt bulb in our bedside lamp, listen to ambient noise or turn on a fan, and invest in a quality pillow that fits you and your sleep needs to make your bedroom more sleep-friendly. (Fox News)
How do YOU sleep?
As I get older I seem to sleep less and less and quite frankly, Iâm okay with that. Love the EARLY mornings and get SO much done while others are sleeping!
The popular book, "Twas The Night Before Christmas" has been revised "by Santa Claus for the benefit of children of the 21st century." The original version of the famous poem included the line, "The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth, And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath." The new version omits the line and a picture of Santa smoking a pipe.
Publisher Pamela McColl said, "There is a huge debate raging. I have been called every name in the book. One person said the only wreath they want to see this Christmas is one on my grave. Shame, shame, shame on you is the most common." (Oregon Live)
So, does it offend you? Come on! Get the heck over it! This PC Baloney is driving me up the wall!
Dutchman Johan Huibers has launched a full-scale, functioning model of Noah's Ark. Heâs a Christian and has spent the last 20 years using God's instructions to Noah from the book of Genesis to build the vessel. By modern measurements itâs 427 feet long, 95 feet across and 75 feet high. It may not contain 2 of every animal but it does feature a petting zoo, a restaurant and a movie theater. (AP)
Can you imagine spending 20 years of your life doing this? Bet his neighbors, like Noah's, thought he was crazy!
1) Smile. It's likely your face will try to betray you, so mind your expression. Somewhere in that man's brain, he really did think you'd lovingly wear a long chain necklace that looks like it has a magnifying glass attached. Maybe he thought you'd use it for reading; you love reading! Thus, because you adore him (even if you don't adore his gift), you've got to grin and bear it.
2) Use the gift in a sentence. Pretend you're at a spelling bee and, in order to fully comprehend the reasoning behind the present, you've got to give a real-life example of its use. "A magnifying-glass necklace! Never know when the print will be too small to read and your glasses won't be handy." This type of exercise may also help you determine why your partner chose the gift in the first place.
3) Determine when to put it to use. When grandma got you an ugly holiday sweater, you wore it to her house then tucked it away in the depths of your closet. Same rule applies here. Because hey, you do love your partner, and you can learn to love a necklace that matches absolutely nothing in your closet , right?
4) Try to be gentle. For those brave souls who find it impossible not to say "Ehhh" aloud upon unwrapping, try to be gentle. Take the above rules and apply them to your situation while explaining just why the gift doesn't work: "Honey, thank you for the necklace. It's very pretty - but it's just not me." Throw in the fact that you value his time and money: I don't want your money to be wasted on something I'll only wear once or twice." If he can handle it, go ahead and tease him about it. "I could wear it with turtlenecks or on spy adventures, but I don't really own any turtlenecks and the CIA hasn't called me for work in months."
5) Drop some hints next time. Mostly importantly, make sure to set the stage for a much improved gift next year by dropping blatant hints in the months leading up to next year's holiday season. And don't forget; you get what you give. Listening to his little clues and getting him an exceptional present is bound to do wonders for your gift karma.
Okay, THIS bothers me! Itâs just too creepy, like something out of a Twilight Zone, but it's true.
Verizon has applied for a patent for the idea of using customers' TV set-top boxes to see and hear what people are doing in front of their TVs, and then using that information to tailor what ads will show up during commercial breaks.
For example; a couple snuggling in front of the TV might mean theyâll see ads for romantic vacations, flowers or even condoms.
Verizon also envisions being able to detect a person's mood from what they're doing, such as singing a happy song, and then featuring ads intended for happy people. The patent filing even suggests that the tracking system could communicate with a smartphone or tablet a viewer might have in their hands, seeing the websites the person is looking at, reading their email drafts or looking at what ebook they're reading.
The patent's filing has yet to be approved, however, and this envisioned system may not actually come to pass, with LiveScience.com noting that companies file patents on many ideas that never become a reality.
So what do YOU think of this idea Verizon wanting to patent of technology that would use sensors in a TV set-top box to see what YOU are doing in front of the TV at that moment, and then tailor the ads they see to that?
Do you love pizza so much that you'd be happy to go about your day enveloped by the smell of one?
Well, Pizza Hut is helping some people do that, debuting a new perfume that's designed to smell like freshly-baked pizza dough with a little bit of spice mixed in. The pizza perfume idea actually started as a joke on Pizza Hut's Facebook page, but the company decided to go ahead and actually create it after enough people signed up as fans.
Unfortunately for anyone eager to get their own bottle, the limited-edition run is already gone, and Pizza Hut doesn't have any plans to mass market the untitled scent.
Pizza is okay, but give me a Chilli Cheese Burger Scent ANY day!
Or how about a loaf of freshly baked bread, chocolate chip cookies, I could name a number of smells Iâd LOVE to smell likeâ¦how about you?
Really none of these sound bad to me; in fact, some would be GREAT. Read and decide for yourself! Any thoughts?
1) A Weight Watchers Scale. Really, this can apply to any type of scale, but a Weight Watchers one with inspirational phrases just seems to make things worse. And seriously, WTF are you thinking? A scale? Do you have a death wish? Why don't you just buy her an XXXL T-shirt that says, "My husband thinks I'm morbidly obese"?
2) A Lip Waxing Kit. Yeah, see, there is absolutely no way to explain this one. None. You're toast. You're history. You'll be sleeping on the couch if you're lucky. And good luck trying to sleep with a baseball bat shoved up where the sun don't shine.
3) Porn. Yeah, I know some women do actually like it. And I "hear" that guys enjoy watching this stuff too. But giving porn to your wife as a present pretty much says, "I think youâre awful in bed, watch and you may learn a thing or three."
4) A Vacuum Cleaner. This goes for most appliances. Toaster. Microwave. Iron. These are more like necessities for your house. Things your wife will use to make YOUR life loads better and easier. Don't insult her by thinking she loves doing all those chores and is just dreaming of a new Dyson vacuum.
5) Feminine Hygiene Products.Yes, women use these every single month, but really, you're going to give the woman you love basically a membership to the Tampon of the Month Club?
6) PlayStation 3. Wow, that's a real generous gift you're ponying up! And it comes with a slew of violent first-person shooter and sports games? You're too too kind. Maybe you'll pause long enough to let your wife go get you a beer.
7) Gift Certificate to BoobJobsRUs. It's one thing to joke with your wife about getting a boob job (BTW, don't joke with your wife about getting a boob job), but actually buying her gift certificates to have it done is an entirely different story.
And 8) Spanx. Okay, so yes, you know about them. But you're not supposed to. Let women keep their secret. Don't ruin the lie.
Researchers from the University of Illinois surveyed a group of about 960 Swiss adults and found that gratitude was significantly related to physical health, even when controlling for age and other personality traits. Dr. Patrick Hill, with a study, says psychological health has an effect on the physical health, and you're more likely to stick to your health goals when you're feeling positive, and to remain positive it helps to be appreciative. (Women's Health)
Are you grateful? After all, there are people praying for exactly what YOU have!